I LOVE to cook but I absolutely despise trying to figure out what to make for dinner every night, trying to come up with new ideas (ones that everyone will like) and then making a grocery list. I guess I've expressed this feeling quite a bit because a friend from work told me about this really cool meal planning resource she heard about on the radio. It's called E-Mealz and for a very low price they offer 7 day meal plans (some are for couples, some are for families of 4-6 people) in a variety of choices - 16 to be exact. Several to choose from that are regular plans (either specific to a store or not), several more that are speciality plans (low-fat, low-carb, Weight Watchers Points; and again either specific to a store or not.) The cost is $15 for a three month membership but using the coupon code DAVE will get you a $2.50 discount making the total only $12.50. Not only do these meal plans include dinner ideas but the ingredient list and recipe instructions are all provided and on a single page for the entire week. They even give you a grocery list of items to buy for the entire week. Oh, and as someone who organizes her grocery list based on the layout of the store and highlights items for which I have a coupon, I have a great appreciation for the fact that the E-Mealz list is organized by categories of food and have the meal number beside each item. Their goal is to provide easy, delicious recipes but also to help reduce your weekly grocery bill (an average of $75 per week for the family plans.) We just recently signed up but we're already loving it, which is why I wanted to share this new found technique that helps simplify busy lives!
Here's a link to their site and also a link to an article that was published in Southern Living magazine...
www.e-mealz.com
http://www.e-mealz.com/article%20southern%20living.pdf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Stephanie,
E-mealz is very interesting. I would consider doing this if i were in the States. Some of the items listed in the sample menus I can't get here, so it would probably always be like that if I signed up....but I'm with you. I LOVE to cook, but HATE to plan...yuck!!
Your blog looks great!! Nice Job!
That is cool! I love to organize my grocery list that way also! In the past few months we have started doing our big shopping at Sam's Club. After several trips I started writing down the things we buy over and over. So now I have a spreadsheet of those things and their cost. When we get ready to go shop I can take my list and go through the cabinets and pantry and check off what we need more of. That also helps with my budget cause I can add up what I have "bought" so far!!! I love organizing!!! So much fun!!!
Post a Comment